TEL’s Commitment to Your Privacy
Acceptance and Use of “Personal Information Provided” Freely by You (“PIP”)
At TEL, PIP means any information that you have freely provided and that could uniquely identify you.
Personal Information Accepted by TEL
- TEL may accept PIP when you create a TEL ID, register a TEL product, become an Authorized TEL Dealer, purchase a TEL product, Update or Upgrade a TEL product, download TEL software, register for a Webinar or other TEL “class”, or respond to a TEL survey. TEL may accept a variety of information from you in such instances, to include: name; address; phone number; email address; preference for contact (time and method), and credit card information.
- When you share your TEL experiences with others, send related gifts and/or products, or encourage or invite others to consider TEL products, classes, etc., TEL may accept information provided by you (like name, address, email address, and phone number).
Uses of Your PIP by TEL
- The PIP we accept allows TEL to send you information about product announcements, updates, events, terms, conditions, prices, policies, etc. PIP may help TEL to improve services, products, advertising or other TEL areas. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime simply by sending TEL a request stating such.
- TEL may use PIP for its own auditing, data analysis, and research to improve TEL services, products, customer services, Technical Support and/or other customer communications.
Acceptance and Use of Non-Personal Information (“Open”)
TEL also accepts OPEN information that does NOT uniquely identify anyone. TEL may accept, use, share and disclose OPEN information for any purpose, and not limited to, the following OPEN information:
- Occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and time zone;
- Customer/Dealer/other parties’ activities on TEL’s website, in TEL webinars or other classes, TEL’s Online Store and OPEN information from any other products and services;
- If TEL combines OPEN information with PIP, the combined information will be treated as PIP.
Emails and Other Technologies
In our website activities, TEL gathers some information automatically (IP addresses, browser type and language, ISP, referral and exit pages, OS, date/time stamp, and clickstream data). Such information helps TEL recognize and analyze trends, administer our site, learn about user behavior on our site, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. This information is general in nature, not specific for any individuals, and is used in marketing and advertising activities.
In some email messages, TEL uses a “click-through URL” linked to content on a TEL controlled website. When email recipients click a URL or link, they pass through a separate web server to arrive at our website – or a page on our website. TEL tracks this to determine interest in particular topics and the effectiveness of emails. This information is general in nature and is only used in marketing and advertising activities. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Tags help recipients to read TEL emails, and also indicate if an email has been opened. TEL may use these tags to optimize, reduce or eliminate messages sent to certain customers. Each email campaign will include an opt out option.
Disclosure to Affiliates or Other Third Parties
TEL may share PIP with its Affiliates that help TEL market and sell TEL products and/or services. You may purchase a TEL product through a TEL Authorized Dealer or authorized business group (hotel chain or flag; consultant; management group; etc.). Here, you authorize TEL and its Affiliates to share information you provide during the purchase, installation and registration/activation processes so we can join together only for your benefit.
Disclosure of PIP is occasionally required by and to governments or legal agencies. TEL will disclose PIP for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, but only when such disclosure is based upon established laws, legal processes, litigation, etc.
Protection of Your PIP
TEL will protect your PIP in reasonable ways related to the kind of information involved. Precautions — administrative, technical, and physical — will be taken to prevent PIP loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
TEL’s Online Store uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption where PIP is accepted. You must use an SSL-enabled browser (Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.) to protect any online transmitted PIP.
TEL does not knowingly accept PIP from children under 18. If we have accepted the PIP of a child under 18 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible after we are made aware of the situation.
Third-Party Sites and Services
TEL is Committed to Your Privacy – and to Your Success!
313 South 740 East, Suite 1
American Fork, UT 84003